Name:

Incase you are interested in knowing about me,id suggest you read this blog or whatever as often as you can.

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

If you want a seat in the bus - Pray. It works.

Buses were coming in late. Its morning time and hence the queue gets longer and longer. The non-queue crowd (who dont mind standing, and who get to board the bus after the queue boys get in) has also grown larger.

I was in the queue and got a seat - just behind the ones reserved for ladies. Soon the bus was packed to capacity at the first stop itself. Around me stood several women since they all usually crowd around the 'six seats for them' as there is a higher probablilty of them getting a seat there than elsewhere. You learn these small things once you become a regular in a BEST bus. There is also a chance that some guy will get up and offer some distressed loking woman a seat. They all try and look distressed at least - making hissing sounds and clumsily trying to hold on to their several bags - most carry at least a hundred hand bags. All this to look distressed and to get a seat.

Now what happened was that one of them - dressed in a suit (in this weather) - and distinctly muslim - heavily caked with makeup and all was standing next to me. Im not the one to give up my seat. After all I was on a 'gents' seat. ( For more on 'gents' seats - refer to this blog). Our bus passed a mosque and this woman promptly cupped her hands (the way muslims do) and started praying. Now we can imagine what this woman was praying for - a seat ofcourse. What else can come to your mind when you are swimming in sweat and are being pushed all around by everyone else - women push women more than the men. My stop was almost approaching. I had seen this woman in prayer (for the seat). My stop was next and I got up. The prayer had been answered.

(I am God ?, Godless me ....)

So next time, if you want a seat - PRAY to your God - whoever it/he/she is. (If I'm around it might help).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Mail me at :


whosblog@gmail.com



Websites and blogs:


Arts and Letters Daily

Papillon in Corporate

Dashdot

IIT Bombay

IRFCA

CACM


Kalpana


Killer posts:


Desiderata

Bombay's abbreviations

Home grown heroes

Bombay's deceptive climate

Bombay's nomenclature

Downpour Sunita

Gallows pole

Equality between men and women

Salsette island

Pray for a seat

Lucresia Domenguez

Hammer of the gods

Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Gents seat in a BEST bus




















Hit Counter
Free Web Site Counter